Vegan Taco Sauce
Cooking demonstrator: Amber Sturtz, Taco Addicts
- 3 Tbsp chickpea brine (aquafaba)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 juicy lemon
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 250ml sunflower/canola/olive oil
- Place the garlic, mustard, lemon, vinegar, salt, pepper and chickpea brine in a container that will fit your stick blender.
- Blend these ingredients together. Then, very slowly, drizzle in the oil while running the stick blender. You will see that the sauce will begin to emulsify, or come together.
- The more oil you add, the thicker it will become. If it gets too thick, you can thin it out with a bit of hot water, then continue to add the oil. Taste for salt, pepper and acidity.
- If you prefer a more tart mayo, add more lemon juice/vinegar.