Vegan homemade mozzarella
Cooking demonstrator: Claire Southward-Ellis
- 100gms of raw cashews
- 200ml water
- 1T nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 t salt
- 3T tapioca flour/starch
- Soak cashews for 6 hours or boil for 10 mins
- Put cashews and 200mls water in blender and blend until smooth. Pass the cashew milk through a sieve.
- Put cashew milk, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, salt and tapioca starch/flour in blend and blend until mixed together.
- Transfer mixture to a pot and cook on the stove, stiring constantly until the mixture has come together in one ball.
- At this stage you can put into fridge and allow it to cool and serve sliced on bruschetta OR you can make mozzarella balls.
- If making the mozzarella balls, wet hands and divide the mix and roll in breadcrumbs and shallow fry.