Barbara’s Scrambled Masala Tofu
Cooking demonstrator: Barbara Olsen-Henderson from Lemonwood Eatery
- 2 Tbsp oil
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1½ tsps Himalayan black salt
- 1½ Tbsp mild curry paste
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 medium onion chopped finely
- 1 pkt silken tofu
- 2 pkts firm tofu
- Mix all the first five ingredients together then tip into a large non stick pan or wok, add the onion and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Saute until the onion is clear but not browned.
- Roughly break up the firm tofu into the mix and stir well
- Drop the silken tofu into the pan and try not to mash it.
- Using a flat wooden spoon or non stick spatula turn the mix over gently until the tofu is evenly yello with only odd white bits. Try not to break it up too much. Any big firm bits can be chopped but don’t smash the silken – it will break up by itself. Fry off gently until the juice has evaporated and the oil is showing, which will only take 5-10 minutes on low. Keep gently turning it with the scraper so it doesn’t burn.
- Make sure it is thoroughly heated through
- Carefully transfer into a container without mashing it. It’s called ‘scrambled’ tofu, not ‘mashed’ tofu!