Serves Serves 4361
Red Quinoa, Roast Pumpkin and Spinach Salad
Cooking demonstrator: Budhsamudra Knox
- 1 small red onion
- ½ tsp organic coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp sumac
- 3 tbsp red wine/apple cider vinegar
- 250g red quinoa, rinsed
- 300g pumpkin diced
- 150g baby spinach
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Peel and dice pumpkin, toss in oil and roast on baking tray for 20 minutes or until nicely brown and soft.
- Put sliced red onion in bowl with 1 tsp of sea salt. Mix well and leave for 5 mins before adding coconut sugar, sumac and vinegar. Mix again and leave for another 20 – 30 mins.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, add the quinoa. Return to boil and cook for 11 mins. Drain and refresh well with cold water and set aside until completely dry.
- Rinse baby spinach under water and let dry.
- Mix continuously as you slowly add the olive oil.
- Drain the red onions and put into a large bowl along with 1 tbsp of the pickling liquid. Add quinoa, pumpkin and baby spinach and pour over the dressing. Combine gently and serve.
For the dressing, add lemon juice and tahini in a bowl, with ½ tsp sea salt and a grind of black pepper.