Mexican Bean Tortilla Wrap
Cooking demonstrator: Gaura Mantra
- 150gm masa flour (finely ground corn flour)
- Pinch of pink/sea salt
- 100ml Cold water
- 1 Tbsp Virgin olive oil
- 2 cups Corn kernels
- 3 cups Red kidney beans (drained of brine)
- 1 Punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 Bulb of fennel
- 1/4 Purple cabbage
- 1tsp Hing powder (instead of garlic and onion)
- 1tsp Smoked paprika
- 2tsp Coriander powder
- 1tsp Black pepper
- 2tsp White vinegar
- 2Tbsp Raw sugar
- 2 tsp Pink/sea salt
- 2tsp Coconut oil
- 2tsp Soy sauce
- a bit of water if necessary
- 2 Medium to large avocados
- Half a cup of cashews (roasted, salted)
- 2 Lemons peeled
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of pink salt
- Fresh parsley
- Mix wet ingredients with wet, dry with dry. Add wet mixture to the dry mass and kneed for about 2 minutes. If dough is too sticky, add a bit more masa flour (or wholegrain flour if you want it to be a bit more bread-like and filling).
- Divide the dough into 12 balls. Cover and leave to rest in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Flatten the balls of dough with your hands - alternatively, use a tortilla press or roll them between two layers of cling film. Flatten to approximately 3mm thick.
- To cook the tortillas, lightly oil a flat griddle pan or frying pan and place over a hot heat.
- Cook the tortillas for approximately one minute on each side, or until lightly coloured.
- On a nonstick frying pan add 1tsp coconut oil, soy sauce and cabbage. Stir fry it till reduces to half of its size. Set aside.
- Use the other tsp of coconut oil. Add all the spices in the order given above. Once spices mixed in an aromatic ensemble add fennel. Fry till golden then add beans and corn.
- Fry on medium heat till mixed and fully cooked. Add tomatoes and quickly mix them in.
- Let it cook for another 2 minutes on reduced heat.
- Last step, add sugar, salt, vinegar. Cover and set aside.
- Blend all ingredients (except parsley) on high in a tower blender or with a hand blender if you like it chunky.
- Top with finely chopped parsley.
- On a flat wrap put a little bit of purple cabbage, then the bean mixture followed by guacamole topped with parsley. Enjoy!!
All comes together